Student's Guide for Online Learning Apps
This document provides tips for students when using Zoom and Microsoft Teams for courses online.
Joining an Online Class Meeting:
- How to Join Through Zoom:
- How to Join a Meeting/Class Through Microsoft Teams:
Students can use Microsoft Teams for group work. Please refer to the Using Microsoft Teams in the Classroom Knowledge Base document from information on using Microsoft Teams.
Guidelines for Online Learning:
- You will need to have a webcam with a built-in microphone. Most laptops and tablets have these items.
- Make sure the microphone on your webcam is muted when you are not talking
- Ask questions using the Chat feature
- Remember to think before you write questions or comments in the Chat area
- Utilize the Raise Your Hand feature if wanting to ask a question during the class
- Set up an intentional space in your house when attending the class.
- Find a quiet room, without additional background noise, such as a barking dog
Please refer to our Zoom - Best Practices and Troubleshooting Issue Knowledge Base document for information about Zoom.
If you need further assistance please contact the PC Service Help Desk at 608-789-6266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.