WESTERN-STUDENT Wireless Connection Issue for Windows
This documents provides steps for troubleshooting a connection to the WESTERN-STUDENT wireless network.
If you cannot connect to the WESTERN-STUDENT wireless network but have in the past, you may need to remove the WESTERN-STUDENT wireless connection from your personal computer.
1. Click on the Start button in the lower left corner of your screen.
2. Then click the Settings gear wheel icon on the left side of the start menu.
3. In the new window, open the Network & Internet settings option.
4. Select Wi-Fi from the menu on the left.
5. Select Manage Known Networks.
6. Click on WESTERN-STUDENT, then click the Forget button.
7. Restart your computer.
8. When your computer restarts, click on the Wi-Fi icon in the task bar in the bottom right side of the screen.
9. Select WESTERN-STUDENT, make sure to have the Connect Automatically box checked.
10. Click Connect.
11. After connecting to the WESTERN-STUDENT network you will be redirected to your internet browser. You will need to sign in with the same login credentials used for your MyWestern account.
a. If you are not redirected automatically, you can open your browser and try to go to a website that you do not use regularly. This should prompt the sign in page to open.