Install Office 365 on a Personal Device
This document provides instructions on how to install Office 365 on a personal device, for students and staff. Office 365 can be installed on Windows or Mac OS based devices.
1. Make sure you do not have any older versions or trial versions of Office installed on your computer. If you do, we strongly recommend that these programs are uninstalled before installing Office 365. Uninstalling these programs will not remove any existing Word, Excel, or other Office-based documents.
- Here are instructions on how to uninstall Office:
- For Windows based systems: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8
- For Mac OS based systems: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-for-mac-eefa1199-5b58-43af-8a3d-b73dc1a8cae3
- Students - Go to www.westerntc.edu, click on the Current Students link at the top of the page, click on the Email link and login to your Western student email account.
- Staff – Go to https://intranet.westerntc.edu/ and enter your login credentials. Click on the Email link at the top of the page, and login using your Western staff email address.
- For Windows based systems: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Skype for Business and OneDrive for Business
- For Mac OS based systems: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote