This document will provide instructions on how to navigate Self-Service and provide information about what is available in Self-Service.
- Login to the MyWestern Portal. Please refer to the MyWestern Portal Usage Knowledge Base document for instructions on how to access the MyWestern Portal.
- Click on the Self-Service link at the top of the page or select Self-Service from the MyLinks list.
- Sign in using your MyWestern credentials
a. On the Sign in screen, enter your Western student ID number and click Next.
b. On the Welcome screen, enter your Western password and click Sign in.
- The Self-Service home page shows a calendar, some general information, and links.
- At the top of the page, you’ll see several tabs (Registration, Continuing Education, etc.). Hover over or click on the tab to see additional drop-down options. Click on the option to view the information pertaining to it.
You can also click the “hamburger” icon in the top navigation bar to launch a page with clickable options. This works well for iPad or phone users, as it offers easy navigation.
- As you navigate Self-Service, you can click the Western Technical College logo to return to the home page.
- You can click the cart icon in the top navigation bar to access your cart, and then add or remove courses and complete your registration.
- Next to the cart, you’ll see your Account icon. Hover over the icon and click on Profile and you’re able to view information about your student record. If you have any questions or need to make changes, contact the Registrar’s office.
a. If you do not know your student email address, you can find it in the Profile section. Please refer to our Find Western Student Email Address Knowledge Base document for instructions on how to do this.
b. When you are done using Self-Service, hover over your Account icon, click Sign Out, and close the web page.
In addition to this document, you can watch the Registration Resources videos for more information on how to use Self-Service.
- Registration - The Registration tab provides access to Courses, My Schedule, Academic Plan, and What If? sections.
a. Courses - On this screen, you can search for courses, add them to your schedule, and register. Search by course number or name. As you navigate Course information, you can select List or Calendar to change the view. List view provides detailed information about the course. Calendar provides a visual of the weekly day and meeting times.
b. My Schedule - Search by period to see your schedule. You can select List or Calendar view.
c. Academic Plan - View summary of progress toward your degree. Use the drop-downs to see a full list of required classes. Click the Search icon to find sections to add to your cart. Sequence indicates the order in which classes should be taken.
d. What If? - Create a hypothetical plan for a different degree and compare it with credits that have been completed to determine whether your completed credits count toward the other degree. This tab cannot be used to register for classes.
- Planning - The Planning tab provides access to Degree Requirements and Transfer course Equivalencies.
a. Degree Requirements - View the required courses and general studies courses required for the selected degree. Click the Search icon to find available sections for registration.
b. Transfer Course Equivalencies - Provides information about transfer agreements with other institutions. You can search for a course or see a list of all courses that are approved for transfer, transfer requirements, and the equivalent course at Western. This section also indicates Western courses that may be transferrable to other institutions.
- Grades - The Grade tab provides access to Unofficial Transcript and Grade Report.
a. Unofficial Transcript - View or print your unofficial transcript. Our Unofficial Transcripts knowledge base document contains more information about using and printing unofficial transcripts. (#98473) For information on official transcripts, see Western’s Transcripts page.
b. Grade Report - You can view grades for the most recent term.
- Finances - The Finances tab provides access to your Balance, Statement, and Make a Payment pages.
a. Balance - Provides a balance summary and allows you to view your balance according to several detail options.
b. Statement - View or print your current and past financial statements.
c. Make a Payment - Make a payment, get your 1098T form, and more. Our Student 1098-T Tax Form knowledge base document contains more information about finding the 1098-T tax form.
- Admissions - The Admissions tab is not functional, and you will not see any drop-down options.
- Search - The Search tab allows you to search for a Course or Section. While these sections display course information, there is no guarantee that courses will be offered in the future.
a. Course - Search for courses in the Course Catalog or by Section. The Course Catalog provides detailed information about a course. It has a description, lists prerequisites, co-requisites, additional fees and credits.
b. Section - Search for sections of a course that is offered for a specific term (period). If the course has already begun, it will not be listed in the search results.
Additional Assistance Information:
- Login Issues - Contact Western’s PC Service department at 608-789-6266 or email@example.com
- Registration or Course Selection - Contact the Enrollment Services department at 608-785-9553 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billing or Payments - Contact the Cashier’s Office at 608-785-9121 or email@example.com
- Financial Aid - Contact the Financial Aid department at 608-785-9579 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Profile Information or Official Transcript - Contact the Registrar’s Office at 608-785-9553 or email@example.com