Set up Free Zoom Account
This document contains information on how to set up a free Zoom account. Please note a free account has a meeting time limit and attendees cannot phone-in to access a meeting.
1. Go to https://zoom.us/ and select the Sign Up, It’s Free option.
2. Enter your Western email address and click Sign Up.
3. Zoom will send you and email. You will need to click the Activate Account button to finish setting up your free Zoom account.
4. When you activate your account, you will need to enter your name and create a password.
5. After you setup your password, you will be asked to invite a colleague to join Zoom. Select Skip This Step.
6. After you finish setting up your account, you have the option to start a test meeting or go to your account information.
a. The Go to My Account option takes you to a page with information about your account.
b. The Start Meeting Now option allows you to test your microphone and view the meeting window.
7. If you choose Start Meeting Now, you may be prompted to:
a. Open Zoom Meetings if it is already installed on your computer.
b. Download & Run Zoom if it isn’t installed on your computer
c. The Zoom meeting window opens and asks how you are going to join the meeting. Please test your speaker and microphone at this time.
d. After you finish testing your equipment, select Join with Computer Audio.
e. The Zoom Meeting window opens.
f. Click End Meeting to close out of this window.
If you need further assistance please contact the PC Service Help Desk at 608-789-6266 or email@example.com.