Zoom - Best Practices and Troubleshooting Issue
This document provides information about the best practices when using Zoom and some troubleshooting information.
Best Practices for a Meeting
- Help Center for various aspects of doing Zoom meetings - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201146643
- Help Center for various aspects of using audio, video and sharing during a Zoom meeting - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201137166
- When making eye contact with your audience, look directly into the webcam instead of your screen.
- Comprehensive Guide for Educators - Comprehensive_Guide_to_Educating_through_Zoom.pdf
- Common technical issues to avoid by testing prior to the meeting -
- Participants can’t see you
- Participants can’t hear you
- Background noise and microphone feedback
Enabling Camera and Microphone for Google Chrome
1. Open you browser and navigate to the website you need to use.
2. Click on the Lock symbol or i icon in the address bar.
3. Click on Site Settings.
4. Locate the Camera and Microphone options and on the permission drop-down
5. Select Allow.
6. Your settings should look like this.
7. Close the settings window and click Reload to apply the settings.
Troubleshooting Zoom Issues
- Links to various troubleshooting topics - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/200305593-Troubleshooting
- Zoom Help Center - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
If you need further assistance please contact the PC Service Help Desk at 608-789-6266 or email@example.com.