MyWestern Portal Login Information
This document contains information on how to login to the MyWestern portal and suggestions for dealing with MyWestern login issues.
- Username – The username is your student ID number, unless you are using Internet Explorer. Please see the information listed below under the Username for Web Browsers section for the format of your username when using Internet Explorer.
- Password – This is the password you have created or the one which was emailed to you when your user account was originally created. Passwords are set to expire every 90 days.
- If your password does not work, or you do not know it, please refer to the Password Reset document in our Knowledge Base to change your password.
Username for Various Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer – For Internet Explorer, you need to use the following as your username when logging into your MyWestern portal: western\studentID
- Make sure to use the backslash "\" which is usually located above the "Enter" key on the keyboard.
- Chrome – For Chrome, you only need to user your student ID number as the username when logging into your MyWestern portal.
- Firefox – For Firefox, you only need to user your student ID number as the username when logging into your MyWestern portal.
- Safari – We recommend that you do not use Safari to access your MyWestern portal because it does not always work well for the portal.
404 Error Page
- If you receive a 404 error page that indicates “Page Not Found” when you select the MyWestern link to login to the MyWestern portal, please enter the following web address in the address bar: https://mywestern.westerntc.edu.
- If you receive a 404 error page that indicates “Unauthorized”, you have entered an incorrect username or password.
- If you recently changed your password and had your old password saved for the MyWestern portal, you will need to delete the old password from the list of passwords you have saved in the web browser. Please refer to the Remove Saved Website Passwords document in our Knowledge Base for assistance with deleting the old password.