This document provides instructions on how to reset your password if it has expired or if you have forgotten your password. Students, please keep in mind that your accounts (MyWestern, student email, Blackboard and Network login) are synchronized so they all use the same password.
1. There are two ways to quickly access the Password Reset page:
a. Go to https://www.westerntc.edu/password and then follow the instructions starting at step #2.
b. Go to www.westerntc.edu
i. Click on the Current Students link at the top of the page.
ii. Click on the Password Reset link and follow the instructions below.
2. Enter your network username and click Continue.
a. Students enter your Student ID number.
b. Staff enter your Network Credentials.
c. If you receive the Recovery Actions Available screen, please contact the PC Service Help Desk at 608-789-6266 and we will assist with your password reset. Otherwise, please continue to step 3.
3. Enter your Birthdate and the Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number and then click Continue.
a. The Continue button will appear after the data for both fields has been entered correctly.
b. ** Make sure you enter your Birthdate exactly like the example indicates and include the slashes. Otherwise you will receive an error message. **
4. Enter your new password and click Continue. Please follow the Password Complexity Rules. It is better if you do not use any symbols in your password.
5. After you have changed your password, you will receive a message indicating it was reset.
6. It will take 5-10 minutes for the new password to synchronize with your Western email account. You can use the new password right away for your MyWestern, Blackboard and classroom computers.