Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) - Enrollment
Here are some links which will help with using SSPR:
- To register or enroll for SSPR if not already registered - https://aka.ms/ssprsetup
- To review your account information - https://myaccount.microsoft.com
- Click on Security info to review/add addition authentication methods
Enrolling in Self Service Password Reset (SSPR)
- Open the web browser on your device and go to the registration page: https://aka.ms/ssprsetup
- If prompted, enter your Western Technical College email address and your password.
- You can configure up to four additional pieces of information for your account.
- Microsoft Authenticator app is the preferred default method. Please refer to this Knowledge Base document for additional information about using and setting up the Authenticator app: Setup Multi-Factor Email Authentication
It is recommended, but not required, that you set-up as many methods as you can.
This gives you flexibility when one of the methods isn't available. An example is when you are off campus, you're unable to access your office phone.
- Mobile App Code
- Email (third party-non westerntc.edu account)
- Mobile Phone
- Office Phone
If your account does not have a registered authentication method, you will be prompted to add a method.
Note: If an additional authentication method is already registered you will be directed to https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info
- Select I Want to Set Up a Different Method if you do not want to install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your personal cell phone.
- Select a method (Alternate Phone or Email) to add and follow the prompts. If you choose Email for the authentication method, please use your personal email address and not your Western email address.
If you need further assistance please contact the PC Service Help Desk at 608-789-6266 or email@example.com.