Windows 11 Start Menu
Start Menu Layout and Settings
1. The most noticeable difference is that the start menu is now centered above the taskbar.
2. The start menu now not only includes applications but recommended documents.
a. These are documents that you have recently worked on, downloaded, or opened.
3. To edit your Start Menu options, right-click anywhere on the start menu and click Start settings.
a. You can change the default settings to More pins or More recommendations.
4. You can search for a file or program using the search bar.
Apps and Pins
All applications installed can be found in your Apps.
1. With the Start Menu open click on the All apps button on the right.
2. You can use the search bar or scroll to find a specific app.
3. You can right-click on an app to Uninstall, Open Location, Run as admin, and pin.
1. Pinning apps can be done in Two ways.
a. Single pins
b. Group Pins
i. Will show the first 4 icons of the pinned group.
ii. You can edit the group name by selecting the group and clicking Edit Name and entering a name.
iii. The name will be displayed under the group in the pinned apps section.
2. To pin an app right-click from your app list and click the Pin to Start option.
a. To unpin an app, you can right-click a pinned app and click the Unpin from Start option.
3. With multiple pinned apps, you can scroll on the pinned section to get to the second page of pinned apps.
a. You can move a pinned app to the Front page by right-clicking on an app and clicking Move to front.
Sign Out and Lock
1. To sign out, open the start menu and click your User Profile in the bottom left corner.
a. Click Sign Out.
ii. You can also lock your computer by clicking Lock.
With the Start menu open, click the Power Icon in the bottom right corner.
1. You will find the following options
a. Sign-in options
c. Shut down
2. If you are connected using Remote Desktop you will also find the Disconnect option.
3. A Power button with a Yellow circle means you have updates to complete.
a. Click on the power button and select either:
i. Update and Shutdown
ii. Update and restart