MyWestern Portal Usage
This document provides an overview of what is available in the MyWestern Portal.
Follow these steps below to log in to the MyWestern Portal and find out what it contains.
In addition to this document, you can watch the Student Account Training Video for more information.
- Go to www.westerntc.edu and click on the Current Students link at the top of the page.
- Click the MyWestern link.
- You will be asked to provide your Western login credentials.
a. Your username is your Western student ID number.
b. Your password is your Western password. (If you do not know your password, or your password isn't working, our Knowledge Base Password Reset document provides instructions on how to reset your password.)
- You will be logged into the MyWestern Portal.
- The My Alerts section provides information about any holds on your account or action you may need to take.
- The My Links section provides links to various areas.
a. Self-Service - Provides access to Western's Self-Service area where you can access your academic and financial information. The Self-Service Usage knowledege base document will provide more information about Self-Service.
b. FERPA Release Form - In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, Western Technical College is restricted from disclosing certain information from your student records. You may grant the college permission to release information from your student records by completing and signing this form.
c. MyFinAid - This link takes you to Western’s Financial Aid portal. Log in to access your financial aid information. If you need assistance with logging in, please contact the Financial Aid department at 608-785-9579 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
d. My Book List - Allows you to generate a book list for your classes, including title, author, ISBN, required or optional, and used/new prices.
e. My Schedule by Month - Generates a monthly schedule, based on the selected date.
f. My Course Drop Dates - Find drop dates for your classes by term. Displays the date by 80% refund, 60% refund, and final drop date.
g. Refund Policy - Access Western Technical College’s refund policy to get complete information about refunds for course drops.
h. Print Balance - Enter your Western username and password to see your print activity and balance. If you need to add more money to your Print Balance account, please go to the Cashier's Office in the Student Success Center to do this.
- If you need to return to the MyWestern Portal home page while navigating the portal, click the Western Technical College logo at the top of the page. If this is not an option, you will need to return to the www.westerntc.edu page and navigate back to MyWestern.
- To sign out, click on your name at the top of the page and select Sign Out.
Additional Assistance Information:
- Login Issues - Contact Western’s PC Service department at 608-789-6266 or email@example.com
- Registration or Course Selection - Contact the Enrollment Services department at 608-785-9553 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billing or Payments - Contact the Cashier’s Office at 608-785-9121 or email@example.com
- Financial Aid - Contact the Financial Aid department at 608-785-9579 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar's Office - Contact the Registrar’s Office at 608-785-9553 or email@example.com