Google Voice - Setting Up an Account
Google Voice can be used to call individuals without having to use your personal phone number. This document includes instructions for setting up a Google Voice account.
You will need to use a Personal Google account to use Google Voice.
If you need a personal Google account please use the Create a Google Account section below.
Setting up/ Logging into Google Voice
1. Navigate to https://voice.google.com/u/0/about
2. Click on For personal use.
3. In the drop-down select Web.
4. Login with a personal Google account.
5 . Agree to the Google Voice Terms of Service by clicking Continue.
6. Enter a Zip code and select an available number.
a. A phrase or number combination can also be searched for.
7. After a number is selected, click Verify.
a. Verification can also be done via phone call.
9. Enter the 6-Digit code sent via text message and click Verify. (Standard text messaging rates are applied)
10. After a phone number is successfully linked click Finish.
a. Call forwarding can be disabled in the account settings.
11. A screen will confirm the Google Voice number is ready. Click Finish.
12. Refer to our Using Google Voice on a Computer Knowledge Base document for more helpful information.
5. Agree to the Google Terms of Service.a. A Current Email Address can be used instead of a Google created email.
6. Enter a Phone Number to verify the account.a. Scroll down and select Agree.
7. You will receive a Google verification code via call or text.
8. Click here to continue from Setting Up step 5 above.
If you need further assistance please contact the PC Service Help Desk at 608-789-6266 or email@example.com.